Manzanillo is located on the Pacific Coast 150 miles south of Puerto Vallarta and referred to as the Mexican Riviera. Manzanillo airport code is (ZLO) and many U.S. cities provide non-stop flights on major airline carriers such as Continental, AeroMexico, Alaska Airlines, America West, and Mexicana. For international travelers, Mexico City is a short 1 hr. flight time to Manzanillo. The airplane lands directly on the beach with spectacular views on the approach.
Casa Dos Palapas is located 30 minutes away from the airport by car. Airport transfers can be made by taxi for approximately $50 U.S. dollars each way. We recommend that you rent a suburban with a private driver provided by our local manager for your group with unlimited use for $600-$700 U.S. dollars per week. Casa Dos Palapas owns a small SUV that seats 7. Our staff can provide transportation within the gates of La Punta only, if needed.
- Golf: La Mantarraya at Las Hadas Resort, 18 hole course
Isla Navidad, one hour drive from the villa, 27 hole course
El Tamarindo, 1 ½ hour drive from the villa, 18 hole course
- SCUBA: Manzanillo has a PADI dive center named Underworld Scuba with numerous sites and dive packages available.
- Fishing: Manzanillo has been named the Sailfish Capital of the World and hosts international tournaments every year in November and February. With advance notice, our manager can arrange for you to charter a private boat, or share one with other anglers. Enjoy your day out on the water, and bring your catch to be prepared by your chef for dinner.
- Horseback Riding/ ATV tours: both beach and mountain tours available
- Volcano Tours: There are two volcanoes located between Manzanillo and the city of Colima--1 ½ hour drive. One is active and the other inactive. On a clear day, you can see the active volcano in action. Tours are available, or continue on to Colima for a shopping excursion or fabulous lunch.
- Beaches: Escondida Beach is the private beach available for La Punta guests only.
Las Hadas Beach is a private beach for guests of Las Hadas Resort, Casa Dos Palapas guests are granted access for a daily fee.
La Boquita Beach is a favorite amongst locals for lunch, shopping, and beautiful sand and water. Plan a day and the staff will prepare your cooler with lunch and refreshments.
Miramar and Olas Atlas Beaches are known for great surfing.